Summer Series is back for 2021!
Our popular summer twilight road racing series uses the Western Line circuit (approx. 11km) & Papaiti Time Trial course.
- Orientation Ride – 20th October
- October 27
- November 3, 10 (Time Trial), 17, 24
- December 1, 8
Each week we have a $50 Velo Ronny’s Voucher to give away, along with some other goodies!
Can I take part if I am new to Cycling?
You don’t have to be a WCC member to take part, but afterwards you’ll want to!
We will be holding an orientation ride on Wednesday 20th October where experienced riders will take you around the course and share the tricks of the trade! Meet at St Oswald’s Church from 5.45pm with the aim to be riding at 6pm.
Circuit Race HQ- St Oswald’s Church, SH3 Westmere
Time Trial Race HQ – Whanganui River Holiday Park, Aramoho
Road Race Grades – Western Line
Open Grades: Massed Start – 1 & 2 lap options of the Western Line Circuit
Youth: Massed Start & HC – 1 x lap of the Western Line Circuit
eBike: Massed Start (individually timed) – 1 & 2 lap options of the Western Line Circuit
Time Trial – Start Opposite Aramoho Top 10 Holiday Park
Out and back along Papaiti Road @1min Intervals
Youth 10km (to the flats just past Mosquito Point)
Open 20km (to the base of the Papaiti Climb)
Time Trial Bikes and Aero Bars are permitted.
Please register by 5.50pm to enable the start order to be finalised.
Youth riders will start first, followed by Open Riders.
Please do not warm up along the course.
Open: $10 per night
Youth & eBike: $5 per night
5.30pm: Registration Opens (Non Members must sign Waiver)
5.50pm: Registration Closes
5.55pm: Compulsory Race briefing and SPOT PRIZE draw
6.00pm: Open Grades start @ 1min intervals followed by Youth & eBike Grades
Other Key Stuff
1. You only need to register once whether you’re doing all races or just a few
2. You’ll keep the same number for the series, please hand your number back at the end of each night
3. Please use the St Oswald’s Church carpark for vehicles rather than the side of the road
4. Post race banter and refreshments will be provided
5. Results and photos will be posted on Facebook and the website each week
6. Any cancellations due to weather will be posted on Facebook and the website at 4pm each Wednesday