*COVID UPATE* Our series will resume on Wednesday 15th September:
- All our officials will wear face coverings and we ask all supporters to do so as well.
- Please scan the Covid Tracer QR code at registration. Sign in also supports contact tracing.
- Don’t forget to practice social distancing. Try putting you bike between yourself & others!
- If you’re unwell, please stay home.
What’s the Youth Road Cycling Series?
Whether you’re an experienced Youth Cyclist or keen to have a crack at Road Cycling for the first time this series is a great opportunity to test your skills and learn the tricks of the trade!
Who can take part?
- Youth under the age of 19 years. Age Grades U19, U17, U15 & U13.
- You’ll need to be confident riding on the road and be able to ride at least 8km non-stop.
You don’t even need a road bike to take part – we have bikes & can help!!
How does it work?
- 8 Race Graded Road Race Series starting opposite the Whanganui River Holiday Park on Wednesdays after School
- We’ll race on Papaiti Road: Out-and-Back Course
- Long Course & Short Course Options
- Varied races to gain points within your grade
- Download the 2021 Youth Series – Term3 Flyer here
- Click here for Term 2 Results
- Wednesday August 4
- Wednesday August 11
- Wednesday August 18
- Wednesday August 25
- Wednesday September 1
- Wednesday September 8
- Wednesday September 15
- Wednesday September 22
3.45pm: Registration Opens (You’ll need an adult to sign an event waiver if you haven’t registered online)
4.00pm: Registration Closes
4.00pm: Compulsory Race briefing
Racing Starts as soon as the briefing is complete
Post event snack and banter provided. We’ll be done and dusted by 5pm!
$5 per night
Please bring cash on the day or pay into the club bank account using your Surname and “youth” as reference
Wanganui Cycling Club
03 0791 0554164 01
Other Key Stuff
1. Working front and rear lights are expected.
2. You only need to register once for the series. It saves heaps of time on the day if you can register online below.
3. You’ll keep the same number for the series, please hand your number back at the end of each race.
4. Results and photos will be posted on Facebook and the website each week.
5. Any cancellations due to weather will be posted on Facebook and the website at 12pm each Wednesday.
Any questions, please contact Cath Cheatley firstname.lastname@example.org.